In as little as a week and with the right basement remodeling expert, you can add living space to your house as well as increase the value of your Richmond house. From new flooring and drop ceilings, to complete wall systems and new windows, most professionals welcome the chance to help make basement remodeling improvements because a little can go a long way when it comes to this portion of your home.
Wondering what may constitute basement repair and remodeling? Here are some possible reasons:
• Cracked wall repair
• Basement crack repair
• Basement foundation repair
• Basement wall repair
• Leaky basement
• Flooded Basement
Some proven ways to fix the aforementioned repairs include the following four tips:
1. If you are looking to improve your basement one good way is to add a drop or suspended ceiling. This type of ceiling offers plenty of advantages, like being practical, stylish and economical, and can provide a much needed makeover to many basements.
2. Making updates to the windows in your basement is also another good way to make improvements, add value to your house and save money in the long run. Most basement windows do not provide proper ventilation, do not provide enough natural light into the space and let in too much moisture. By opting for more energy efficient, rot and mildew resistant and air tight windows, you will not only make an investment in your home, but also save money not only in energy costs but in other repairs that are associated with poor basement windows.
3. Updating the flooring of your Richmond basement is also another way to make your house feel new again. Whether you go from hard wood/concrete floors to rug/tile or vice versa, making adjustments to your basement’s flooring is a quick and easy fix for a remodeled basement.
4. Many basement remodeling experts also suggest complete wall systems. You can section off parts of your basement to create a home office, a game room, or even an extra bedroom, all adding both useable space and added value to your home.
While these are but a few improvements and recommendations for your next basement remodeling project, a good honest contractor like JES in Richmond, may recommend things like French drain installation, sump pumps, waterproofing, interior basement waterproofing, waterproof basement flooring, basement walls waterproofing, exterior basement waterproofing or just general basement waterproofing. By making any of these repairs you will see how easily some minor updates can both improve your home’s value and give you the space you need.